Thursday, September 29, 2011

BYU Letter of recommendation.

I got my first letter from a professor today and they made a copy of it for me in the admissions office. This is the professor that I know the least of the 4 writing them.

"I am writing to support Devin Gleason's admission as a full-time BYU student. I had Devin as a student in my US Foreign Policy class (Poli Sci 376) this past summer term. This difficult upper-division class requires hundreds of pages of scholarly reading every week in order to keep up with class discussions and do well on exams. The class is especially difficult during a summer tern when students have to do all the work in half the time. Devin's performance in the class was very strong. He had excellent scores on all exams and his short essays were very good. He participated actively and effectively in class discussions. His research paper was a bit weaker but he finished in the top quarter of the class overall, earning an A- for the semester. Devin's class performance showed me that he could hold his own in difficult, upper-division BYU classes. In fact, I only knew Devin was not a regular student because he mentioned it to me when when discussing his research paper. I strongly recommend him for admission to BYU. I am confident that he fits in well with the high-quality group of student we already have. He will absolutely succeed here."

After this application is turned in I think my hair will turn grey waiting for an answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment